ALUMINIUM HANDLE OFFSET PIPE WRENCH
ALUMINIUM HANDLE STRAIGHT PIPE WRENCH
HEAVY DUTY OFFSET PIPE WRENCH
HEAVY DUTY STRAIGHT PIPE WRENCH
UNIVERSAL PIPE WRENCHES
Versatile Industrial Pipe Wrench
The pipe wrench is typically sturdier than the standard industrial wrenches because of its purpose of turning threaded pipes and pipe fittings. It is important to use the right type of pipe wrench to turn particular types of pipe joints. Our range of pipe wrenches from Protools and Ridgid is suitable for varied types of pipework.
Types of pipe wrenches
There are different types of pipe wrenches that are suitable for industrial use. They include:
– Straight: To tighten or loosen all types of pipes
– Offset: For pipes built in unconventional angles or hard-to-reach areas
– End: For pipes that are built closer to walls
– Compound: For pipes with stiff joints
– Chain: For extremely tight pipes
– Strap: For polished, plated or plastic pipes
It is imperative to use the correct pipe wrench for the type of pipework to be performed to minimise any potential risks of injuries during operation. It can also damage both the wrench and the pipe. Some improper uses of the pipe wrench include:
– Adding a cheater: Do not slip a piece of pipe over the handle of the wrench just to increase the exertion of force as this may lead to the pipe breaking the wrench or the wrench snapping out of position and severely injuring the worker.
– Bent handle: If the handle of the pipe wrench is bent or twisted, it should be removed from the workshop.
– Modifying: A modified wrench may lead to the inability of the wrench to function and may result in injury when more force is applied.
Browse for a suitable pipe wrench here.
Reach out for more information if you have any queries or questions about the pipe wrenches we provide and let our customer service team assist you.