DEWALT18V 1/2″ COMPACT IMPACT WRENCH 2.0AH
DEWALTHEAVY DUTY 1/2″ IMPACT WRENCH WITH HOG RING RETAINER DW293
Powerful Impact Wrench
An impact wrench is a powerful tool used to provide higher torque level (Nm) with low input force. It is also known as an impact gun, air wrench or torque gun. The wrench is commonly employed when all other types of wrenches have failed to perform the job. We supply impact wrenches from leading brands such as Makute and Shinto. More brand options are available via the filter on the left.
Functions of an Impact Wrench
The impact wrench can be powered by hydraulics, electricity as well as compressed air. It can be used in almost any industry, especially those with a high output of manufactured products such as the automobile and construction industries. It is also used in fields that require maintenance and care such as automotive repair and machine assembly. The high level of torque generated by the impact wrench is attributed to the hammering mechanism within the wrench, which helps to create immense pressure in each rotation. The impact wrench is a powerful tool and highly functional that requires very little applied force.
When using the impact wrench, users are advised to follow several safety protocols. For instance:
- Do not use the impact wrench in wet conditions as it may lead to electric shocks
- Use the appropriate size of impact sockets when operating this wrench (i.e. imperial or metric sockets)
- Wear gloves to improve grip on the wrench while applying the torque as the user may experience high vibrations during operation
- Wear safety goggles to prevent any foreign material from entering the eyes
- Always examine the wrench for damage before use as a damaged tool is prone to causing risk of injury and workplace accidents